My good friend over at Domesticated Momster wrote an awesome post for her Monday Music Mantra and included a music trivia for National Trivia Day! Some of the questions were a challenge and I ended up having to look them up because once I want to know something I go into research mode, which usually means going to google:) So, here is my trivia challenge answers and if you want to read Domesticated Momster’s post, just click on it above. She has some great songs on her blog!
- Later referred to as a ‘wardrobe malfunction’, who exposed Janet Jackson’s breast for about half a second during Super Bowl 2004? Justin Timberlake. Yeah the media made way too big a deal with that!
- Shawn Corey Carter is better known by what stage name? I have no freakin’ clue (I looked it up though and was surprised to see that it is Jay-Z. I definitely did not know that)!
- Who is noted for his guitar solo on Stairway to Heaven? Love this song but had no clue so again, I looked it up because once I have a question in my head, especially about music, I have to know the answer. Jimmy Paige. At least, that’s what came up in google.
- In which American state was Madonna born? Michigan! Yes, I didn’t need to look this up because when I was little I was obsessed with Madonna so of course, I knew this one
- Who rose to fame in 2008 with the release of the single I Kissed a Girl? Katy Perry. Love her!
- Who was Dionne Warwick’s most famous cousin? Whitney Houston, duh!
- London born singer Miss Adkins is better known by what name? Adele, maybe? I didn’t want to look this one up because I’m almost positive it’s Adele.
- Who had hit singles in the seventies with ‘Atomic’ and ‘Heart of Glass’? Blondie! This brings back memories of when I was little, using my mom’s hair brush as a microphone singing Heart of Glass but I also use to sing Hit Me with You Best Shot by Pat Benatar and One Winged Dove by Stevie Nicks!
- Who wrote the children’s book The English Roses in 2003, which became the fastest-selling children’s picture book of all time? I have no idea! I looked this up out of curiosity and had no idea it was Madonna! She writes children’s books now? Damn.
- What band does Adrian Young play for and what position does he play? Um, yeah, the drummer for No Doubt. I knew Domesticated Momster would put No Doubt in here somewhere 😉
So there you have it. The trivia is complete. I hope I didn’t spoil it for anyone!
Have an awesome, rockin’ day!!
I am linking this with: